The RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU contains provisions for the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. The provisions of the RoHS Directive 2020 / RoHS Directive 2021 contributed to the protection of human health and the environment. The aim is the environmentally sound recovery and disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment. It is a CE directive, which means it requires an EU declaration of conformity and CE marking for the product.
Important information about this directive / RoHS directive compact / RoHS directive up to date:
- Rohs Directive 2015: In the Official Journal of the EU (June 4, 2015), the RoHS Directive (EU) 2015/863 was amended. These substances were added to Annex II of the RoHS Directive: butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP).
- RoHS Directive German: RoHS-Verordnung
- Rohs Directive Exemption 6c: This exemption ends on / ended on July 21, 2021. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact us.
These devices are affected by the RoHS directive
Almost all products that contain electrical conductors, even if they do not have any electrical functions themselves, are affected.
Examples are products like
- power sockets
- electrical appliances
- battery devices
Legally compliant implementation of the RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive requires either a supply chain assessment or product testing for implementation. Both must be documented. We help them with our customer-oriented services to implement the respective product requirements.
-> Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.
Our advice on RoHS Directive
- Determination of the requirements relevant for your products
- Preparation of risk analyses and assessments
- Selection of suitable test laboratories
- Evaluation of your test reports
- Verification of your product's labeling for legal compliance
- Basic consulting at a fair & transparent price
- Product compliance for online stores (e-commerce)