Admonitions by competitors and complaints by public authorities are annoying side effects for online shop operators. There can be manifold reasons for these. In addition to the classics such as inadequate legal texts, copyright infringements or violations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), topics relating to the technical properties of the products offered are increasingly emerging in the spotlight.
Online shop operators should take care not to show any obvious vulnerable spots inherent in their products to competitors and market surveillance authorities. It is important in this context that product labelling, the necessary warnings or the specified properties of use are in conformity with the applicable laws, directives and standards on product safety.
In order to call the marketability of products into question without actually holding them in your hands, the product name, product description, product labelling and product photographs are popular points of attack. In most cases, requirements were simply overlooked, simply not known due to the masses of regulations, or current changes in laws and standards were not followed and implemented in time. This is where it is important to know which laws and directives need to be observed for the relevant product.
If a problem is identified, then an appropriate assessment of the compliance risk is important since not every small error has a direct fatal effect, but in combination with other errors this may be possible.
Our practical experience shows us that online shops usually do not present their product range without obviously recognizable points of attack and thus expose themselves to a permanent – but avoidable – risk.
This is exactly where our product compliance audit of online shops comes into play. We exclusively check the products offered in the online shop for their product safety and product conformity with applicable laws and standards. In doing so, we proceed like a public authority or a competitor who is not well-disposed towards us and initially confine ourselves to what will obviously raise objections.
- We will jointly arrange the intervals at which we examine the products in your online shop.
- We generally search for visual safety defects, missing or incorrect product markings, missing registrations in public national or international registers (SCIP, REACH, WEEE, LUCID, EPREL,etc.) or missing or incorrect warnings. Moreover, we check a large number of other error sources, which can be very extensive – depending on the product in question.
- As a result, you will receive a detailed compliance risk status of your product offering with a qualified assessment and recommendation from our experts.
- It goes without saying that we will assist you, if necessary, until the desired compliance result has been achieved, and we will help you in implementing your product conformity.
- Free advice during this implementation phase is a matter of course for us.
You will receive our services for your product compliance in the shop in an individually scalable scope. Your annual fees depend on the agreed audit intervals and the size of your shop. The annual flat rate starts at € 150.00.
We are able to offer our services at such favourable prices because we have built up a clever process management system based on our many years’ know-how. And we can rely for guidance on the knowledge obtained from thousands of individual audits. Our system is linked to comprehensive databases that include e.g. the latest statutory amendments and changes in standards. Furthermore, a manual audit of your shop is performed by a compliance manager with many years’ experience to identify errors and make recommendations for action.
Try out our solution. You will find there is no other comparable offer on the market.