(EU) 1272/2013 and AfPS GS 2014:01 (PAK)
PAKs are understood to be "polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons", which primarily perform the function of plasticizers. The PAK Regulation (EU) 1272/2013 aims to restrict the use of these substances. The regulation sets different limits depending on the user groups and the duration of contact.
The test specification AfPS GS 2019:01 (PAKs) was identified by the German Product Safety Committee as a possible implementation of the Product Safety Act with regard to the hazards posed by PAKs. It goes beyond the requirements of the PAK EU Regulation.
Important notes on this guideline / PAK regulation compact:
- The PAK Regulation was last updated in 2015 (as of January 2021).
- Waste List Regulation PAK: The Waste List Regulation (AVV) regulates whether a waste material is classified as hazardous or non-hazardous. If you have any questions on this topic, please do not hesitate to contact our team.
- PAK CLP Regulation: Annex 6 of the CLP Regulation currently (as of January 2021) contains eight PAKs that are classified as carcinogenic according to category 1B. Further information? please contact us!
- PAK limit values regulation: Depending on the country of sale and product group, other PAK limit values apply. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
These products are affected by the PAK regulation
The PAK regulation applies to
- products that have components made of rubber or plastic
- products that can come into contact with the skin or mucous membranes
Legally compliant implementation of the PAH Ordinance
Laboratory tests are essential for implementation. However, the scope of testing can be drastically reduced if it is known in which material is relevant. We help them with our customer-oriented services in the implementation of the respective product requirements.
-> Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.
Minimize your risk and act now! Free webinars on Product Compliance