Construction Products Regulation
(EU) 305/2011 BauPVO / EU-BauPVO / harmonized standards
The Construction Products Regulation (EU) 305/2011 addresses products that are permanently incorporated into structures or parts thereof and whose performance coincides with the basic services of a structure. However, only products for whose performance there are harmonized standards or European building regulations are affected. It is a CE regulation, i.e. it requires a declaration of performance and CE marking for the product.
Important notes on this directive / Construction Products Regulation compact:
- For the certification of constancy of performance required by the EU Construction Products Regulation, there are neither strict formal rules nor specifications which are part of the Regulation. It is advisable to seek external advice here if necessary, gladly from our team.
- The person responsible for making a product available for the first time in the EU is considered to be the person placing it on the market within the meaning of the Construction Products Regulation. If you are unsure whether you as an importer are affected here, please contact us.
- Regarding the marking of custom-made products, which are not uncommon in construction projects, the Construction Products Regulation only states that there is no obligation to prepare a declaration of performance or CE marking. Article 5a of the Construction Products Regulation contains more details. Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
These products are affected by the EU Construction Products Regulation
Nearly all products that can be installed or attached to structures are generally within the scope of this regulation.
- Water pipes
- and many others
Legally compliant implementation of the Construction Products Regulation (BauPVO)
The Construction Products Regulation requires the product concerned to comply with at least one harmonized standard or European construction regulation. These must be selected and their compliance documented, e.g. by means of test reports. The findings from the test reports are part of the technical documentation of the product and form the basis of the declaration of performance to be drawn up.
Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.
Minimize your risk and act now! Free webinars on Product Compliance
Our advice on the Construction Products Regulation
- Determination of the requirements relevant for your products
- Basic consulting at a fair & transparent price
- Product Compliance for Online-Shops (ecommerce)
- Selection of suitable testing laboratories
- Evaluation of your test reports
- Confirmation of the product properties in a declaration of performance
- Verification of your product's labeling for legal conformity