Our REACh Solutions
- Determination of chemical analyses relevant for your product parts and components
- Selection of suitable laboratories
- Evaluation of your test reports
- Support for notification or SCIP registration of SVHC to ECHA
- Basic consulting at a fair & transparent price
- Product compliance for online stores (e-commerce)
Reach Regulation Meaning: REACh is an abbreviation for the "Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals in Articles" (German translation, REACh is the abbreviation of the English equivalents of these German words). The purpose of the REACh Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 is to limit hazardous substances and to monitor substances suspected to be hazardous. It basically distinguishes between substances, mixtures (preparations) and articles. Most consumer products are articles.
Important information about this directive / REACh Regulation compact / REACh for Dummies:
- REACh Regulation 2020 / REACh Regulation 2021: At the turn of the year between 2020 and 2021, some regulations have changed. Above all, it is important to note at this point that there are new obligations regarding the SCIP database. To better understand this point, we recommend our video on the REACh Regulation.
- The REACh regulation Annex 17 contains substances and substance groups for which legal restrictions apply. If you have any questions about this article, we will be happy to advise you.
- REACh regulation article 33 refers to the obligation of a distributor to report so-called "substances of very high concern" from a percentage above 0.1%. We will also be happy to provide you with further information on this. The ECHA (European Chemicals Agency) is the responsible body that manages the SCIP database with the entries.
- REACh Regulation German: Reach-Verordnung (REACh-VO)
These products are affected by the REACh regulation
Every consumer product is affected. Complete products like
are considered articles.
Liquid or pasty substances such as
on the other hand, are to be classified as preparations.
Legally compliant implementation of the REACh regulation
Under REACh, articles have a special position. This is because producers, suppliers and users of articles may, under certain conditions, have information and notification obligations as well as the obligation to register substances under the REACh Regulation.
REACh distinguishes between
Prohibitions, which are specified for hazardous substances in Annex XVII of the regulation, and
Notification obligations for substances (SVHC for "substances of very high concern") that are suspected to be hazardous but are still under further observation.
The latter are subject to a blanket limit of 0.1 mg/kg, above which these substances must be reported. Reporting will be done EU-wide via ECHA's SCIP database as of Jan. 1, 2021.
Laboratory tests are essential for implementation. However, the scope of testing can be drastically reduced if it is known to what extent each material has to be tested for which pollutants. We help you with our customer-oriented services to implement the respective product requirements.
-> Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.