Radio Equipment Directive / RED Directive
The Radio Equipment/RED Directive 2014/53/EU, targets equipment that can generate or receive electromagnetic signals for communication or positioning. In contrast to the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, emission and radiation restrictions are deliberately permitted for certain frequency bands. Consequently, the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU does not apply to these devices. However, the Radio Equipment/RED Directive 2014/53/EU overrides the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU. It is a CE Directive, which means it requires an EU Declaration of Conformity and CE marking for the product.
Important notes on this directive / RED directive compact:
- The Related Radio Equipment Act (FUAG) is the national implementation of the directive 2014/35/EU of the European Parliament and Council. The FUAG is the German law on making radio equipment available on the market, which has been in effect since July 4, 2017.
- We are happy to assist you if you as a distributor have questions about the following keywords, which are often searched in connection with the Radio Equipment Directive: Declaration of Conformity Radio Equipment Directive, Red Directive PDF, Red Directive 2014 53 eu harmonized standards, Directive 1999/5/eg, Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU, Radio Equipment Sites, Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED) for practitioners, Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED), Radio Equipment Act English. Your keyword is not listed? Feel free to contact us anyway - we will try to support you competently.
These devices are affected by the Radio Equipment/RED Directive
Almost all products that interact by radio. Examples are
- Radio receivers
- Bluetooth devices
- WLAN (WiFi) devices
- Qi charging stations
- Wireless remote controls
- Devices with GPS positioning such as navigators
Legally compliant implementation of the Radio Equipment/RED Directive
For implementation, the Radio Equipment/RED Directive requires the evaluation of the selected test standards, unless they are harmonized standards. This evaluation must be documented and, together with the test reports, is part of the technical documentation of the product as well as the basis of the EU declaration of conformity to be drawn up. There are different procedures or modules which may require an assessment by a Notified Body.
We help them with our customer-oriented services in the implementation of the respective product requirements.
-> Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.
Minimize your risk and act now! Free webinars on Product Compliance
Our advice on Radio Equipment Directive
- Determination of the requirements relevant for your products
- Basic consulting at a fair & transparent price
- Product compliance for online stores (e-commerce)
- Preparation of risk analyses and assessments
- Selection of suitable notified bodies and testing laboratories
- Evaluation of your test reports
- Review of your product's labeling for legal compliance