Ecodesign Directive and energy labelling (EUP, ERP)
2010/30/EU - 2009/125/EG2009/EG
With the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC, or ERP Directive, and the Energy Labelling Regulation (EU) 2017/1369, also known as the Energy Label Regulation, the EU has established two legal frameworks that should lead to energy savings in consumer products. We help them to implement the respective product requirements.Legal information on this EU regulation for electronic devices can be found here at the website of the European Comission.
Important information about this directive / Ecodesign Directive compact:
- The energy labels of the European Union give consumers a clear and simple overview of the respective energy efficiency class of a product
- The energy labels help to save electricity / energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- The first products were already labeled in 1994
- In 2021, a reform in the field of energy labels is / was pending. You are welcome to learn more about this in our free EPREL webinar.
These devices are affected by the ERP directive
The legislation covers many electrical appliances such as washing machines, air conditioners and lamps, but also building products such as insulating materials. For each product category there are specific regulations and technical implementation requirements. The ecodesign requirements set limits that the products concerned must absolutely comply with. The Energy Labelling Regulations specify the information that must appear on the energy labels of products.
Legally compliant implementation of the Ecodesign Directive
Laboratory tests are essential for implementation. As a rule, however, corresponding test reports are kept available by the manufacturer. Their relevance, topicality and validity must be consistent in order to prove the conformity or energy classification of the products.
The energy consumption data as well as the test documentation for all energy labelled products have to be entered into the EPREL database of the EU.
Please note: Both legislations are relevant for the CE-mark and have to be stated in an EU declaration of conformity.
-> Only those who act in compliance with the law are safely protected from official sanctions. We help you to implement the necessary measures.
Minimize your risk and act now! Free webinars on Product Compliance
Our services around ERP directive 2021
- Selection of the requirements relevant for your products
- Basic consulting at a fair & transparent price
- Product Compliance for Online-Shops (ecommerce)
- Evaluation of your test reports
- Preparation of the EU Declaration of Conformity
- Correct labelling of your product, especially its energy label
- Input of your energy relevant data into the EPREL database